This is a huge deal for me. I made my design in less than a day and I'm happy with it. If I ever change my mind (which I very seriously doubt is ever possible) it's going to be in a place where I can't really get tired of seeing it and where it won't get me into trouble when it comes time to applying for real jobs. Which unfortunately, kills my original desire to get my tattoo on my left wrist or the back of my neck =( Instead I chose to get it on my lower back (I'm thinking less pain back there anyway) and then I remembered a little something that I'd like to reference using Wikipedia:
Beginning in the late 1990s the lower back tattoo became popular, especially among young women. Lower back tattoos are often oblong in shape, following the slope of the back on either side of the woman's spine. The lower back tattoo is body decoration, sometimes intended to emphasize sexual attractiveness. Generally, a lower back tattoo will be designed to emphasize the shape and curvature of the female figure.
While such tattoos have become popular in recent years, in many parts of the world, they are sometimes derided as suggestive of promiscuity or as associated with Raunch Culture.[1] In the United States, they have been pejoratively referred to as "tramp stamps", "California license plates", or "bullseye,"[2] and in Australia as "arse antlers".[3]
I won't lie; I like the idea of it being a California License Plate. But a tramp stamp!?! Come on; that's so hardly ever me, LOL.
Here's where I got my inspiration:

Once I actually get it done, I'll post pics here =)
No comments:
Post a Comment