Thursday, October 30, 2008

2.6 Days

That's how much music there is on my Ipod right now. I'm shocked...and amused because I know all my music isn't on there yet.

I'm feeling sick and I've got a lot on my mind so this post is going to be bullet points. Or that's what I think now. We'll see what happens.

November fourth is right around the corner. I've already voted. Despite the pessimist in me, I want to believe my vote and others will count. That we don't have a repeat of last elections fiasco.

Halloween was...a long night. I learned a valuable lesson. Several in fact.

Speaking of lessons learned, I think I've a bad habit of falling hard for someone and then somewhere along the line, dropping them like undies on prom night. I've been talking to someone the last few days and well...it's gotten to the point where I actually have to think of something to say. I don't think it's my fault or his. Maybe the chemistry isn't exactly right. It sucks, because this was something that made me so happy in the beginning and now I just feel disappointment. But maybe I'm subconsciously sabotaging this. God knows, it wouldn't be the first time. He's a good guy; smart, funny, into music, all that good stuff. Maybe he's too close to what I'm looking for. Maybe what I'm suffering from is a touch of committment-itis. Or maybe I'm overthinking everything as usual. Hah.

I think I'm going to "tough it out". I'm not a complete idiot; the guy has to have something going for him if I liked him so much 2 weeks ago. And anyway, it'll be good for me to be relationship minded a while longer. I think I've been having waaaay too much fun being independent, er, single.

3 comments:

GutterBall said...

I should probably not comment. I mean, I'm the last person in the world to ask for relationship advice. You could pretty much make mine into a bumper sticker, since it never changes.

"Run screaming! Run far, run fast!"

Ahem. Sorry.

Bulma16 said...

*ticktickticktick*

You know I agree with your bumper sticker most of the time Geeb, just lately I've gotten over being single.

*tickticktick*

Maybe it's just a phase I'll get over in a week or so. Who knows?

*tickticktick*

Or you know, maybe it's just my ticking time bomb of a biological clock. Heh.

GutterBall said...

Man, fuck that clock. It's a LIAR. It's the pressure of society telling you that, as a woman, you have only one function -- reproduction.

It's a LIE! Do everything else in the world first, Claire! Then, and only then, consider relationship and biological clock jack-assery. By then, you'll actually be making up your own mind, rather than caving to society's demands for your "special" internal organs.

...

Sorry. Thanksgiving, you know. Dinner with Mom. Who, despite having three nieces from one daughter and two nephews from her son, still wants me to have kids. For no reason I can fathom.

*scowl*