I don't remember if I blogged about this or not, but a month or so ago, I got approached by a woman from some company asking me to model clothes for their cataglog. I'm still not doing anything for them yet...which was fine because honestly, I don't know if I'm the type. Just when I decided to just forget it, I got a call yesterday from a representative from C modelling agency offering to pay for me to have a professional photo shoots if I agreed to work for them.
I can't believe it. I went through school with thick retro looking glasses and wearing hand me downs so I've never felt pretty. And now with all this brouhaha (I looove that word) from the modelling world...my life has just become so surreal to me.
The irony hasn't escaped me that lately I've been so worried about being shallow, superficial, apathetic towards real world concerns, and all of a sudden I'm sucked into the world that advocates just that, lol.
I think I'm going to take this as an experience to learn from, but I won't let it change or own me. At least I hope not. It's easy to say that now. I'm sure a lot of women my age have said that only to wind up dead from a chemical reaction to ex-lax, coke, and diet pills. All I can say for sure is I'm going to go in this with my sense of humor and underlying skepticism armed and at the ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment